Friday 9 November 2007

Whirling Ghost of the Cross

Your pendant reflects a ghost
that flirts about this room
my half moon gaze
has long become routine....

And look!
This steady hand can prove it.

Whispy haleys' comet lace
in tarantella dance
she bounds
from bites upon her neck.
Her spectral beauty
spins and spins for me.

I know it's true.
I've seen it done.
Her dervishesque excitement
leaves me panting.

And yes .....
The cutlery and the switches
are unmoved.
And curtains steady in their drop
except for harbour breezes,
keeps bristles on our necks
as languid
as the night.

and still ....
you look upon me strangely
as if I'm cursed
or worse ....
a stinging tongue
that fails to rest
unfettered.

Then turn your reddened eyes this way
she dances near us now
and trust my heart
won't fall for such a spirit.
For earth be earth's
and moon be moon's.

And look!
This steady hand can prove it.