Sunday 1 May 2011

it's only a ripple

Dipping my head below the waterline
Lifting my feet from the sand
Tumbling backwards toward you
Whisper with me ... Here comes another ..

It's not quite as I'd imagined
The way things would turn out
All these shadows and rays
Wobbly lines, the deadrise of ships
Whose high tide marks leave me
Walking in circles.
White froth from her belly
The things I want most
Back for another again and another
But it's not quite as I'd imagined
No .... it's nothing like it at all

Hello, now that I'm breathing
This time I will be
Prepared
I've read it I've heard it
I've thought it out loud ....

Oh where is this place?
Now that I'm here

I've nothing to give you
Nothing to please you
Nothing you need
Nothing at all
For now that I'm here
I have nothing to soothe you
Nothing to bring you
No nothing at all

And so it seems I have
Given my soul, yes
Given my soul
To the Old angry sea
Where there it will stay
Along with the froth
In the belly of this beast
Yes there it will stay

Dipping my head below the waterline
Lifting my feet from the sand
Tumbling backwards toward you
Whisper with me ... Here comes another